This link collection is predominantly filesystems; they have been mostly on my mind the last couple weeks, especially network and virtual filesytems like Camilstore, Infinit Storage and Tahoe-LAFS. There are ton of options, but there is also plenty of oppurtunities.
- Camlistore - personal storage system for life; stands for Content-Addressable Multi-Layer Indexed Storage, the idea is to dump whatever you prefer onto it (objects, files etc.) and access them with various interfaces (browser, fuse, phone etc.)
- Keybase - maps your identity to your public keys; similar to what Github is to git. I am https://keybase.io/senthil196. They also have keybase-filesystem which is “Public, signed directories for everyone in the world”. It sounds interesting, waiting for my invite to kbfs.
- Infinit Storage - decentralized software‑based file storage platform
- Tahoe-LAFS - free and Open decentralized cloud storage system; preceds Infinit Storage.
- Reed–Solomon error correction - group of error-correcting codes; has multipe use cases, including in data storage where it is used to detect corrupted data and correct upto x data based on original configuration.
- A Distributed Systems Reading List - looks promising, hoping to go through them soon.